Monday, February 21, 2011

Exercise State of Mind

I have been back on track for well over a week, and have been faithfully following my several weight watcher mantras: 
If you bite it, write it...
If you pack (or snack) it, track it...
etc.

This weekend at my weekly weigh in, I lost another 2.8 pounds for a total of 14 pounds lost since I rejoined weight watchers.  And while I am very proud of my success, I know that I have so much further to go.  I have started to notice a difference in my fattest of fat jeans which really is more motivation to keep going.  I have lost what I have so far with simply changing my eating habits.  I know that if I continue to faithfully track my food intake, that my weight loss journey will continue in the right direction.  However, eating healthy is just one part of the equation in getting healthy.  

Basics show that to live a healthy lifestyle you need to eat less and move more.  In theory this sounds pretty simple.  Eat less.  Move more.  Simple as that.  However, lets be honest for a minute, I prefer to Eat More & Move Less.  

In changing my thought process I have allowed myself to take baby steps.  But, it has come a time where I need to start implementing the Move More part of this journey.  The question is how to incorporate this into my life?  Some might say, just do it.  However, when you work 9+ hours a day, which equates to 11+ hours a day with commute time, the last thing I want to do is work out after a long day of work.  And lord knows, there is no way that I would do it first thing in the morning since I can hardly get to work on time.  The next problem is that I am not a member of a gym and have no real equipment at my house (and due to very limited funds, the gym membership seems unattainable).  Additionally, by the time I get home in the evening, it is too dark to go out alone.  I have the opportunity to do things like trampoline aerobics (refer to blog entry: hell on trampolines), but I would go at 8 pm which means I don't get home until 10 pm and I still have to shower and get ready for bed so that I can repeat the long day routine the following day.  So the question is, when do I fit this into my schedule and how/where do I do it?  Some reading this are thinking, "sounds like a bunch of excuses" but they are legitimate concerns.  

In addition to the above mentioned concerns, I also feel that I am so out of shape that jumping back into some routine of working out just might kill me.  I have expressed to Colleen that I am not the active being that I used to be, but she reaffirms that I once was a runner.  I once could run several miles at a time.  That not that long ago, I walked a half marathon, and didn't die!  But for some reason, I cant make the connection that I can do this again. 

Well, in preparing this blog, and thinking about it further, I think I have proven to myself that I have a bunch of bullshit excuses and no plan of action.  The money and time will always be a concern, but if I don't get healthy, I won't be here to make or spend the money I earn, or have any time at all.  When Colleen and I looked up my BMI, it was so high that she said I was in the range of cutting 8 years off of my life.  I don't want to live a shorter lifestyle because I was relaxing on the couch eating a SmashBurger.  I want to live my best life and I am not going to be able to do that rotting away in my condo slowly committing "food-icide".  

My Vow:  
1.  This week I will find a gym I like and join it.  
2.  I will do 2 workouts at said gym that I join this week.

I know that many of my blogs are probably just a bunch of babble to most, but writing is therapeutic for me and sometimes I just need to see it in print to fully "get-it".

Thanks for reading and all of your continued support, especially to my local weight loss (ww) buddy Colleen, and my long distance weight loss (ww) buddy, my Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment