Tuesday, February 22, 2011

20 Questions That Could Change Your Life

As "Oprah" as it sounds, while trying to redirect my life to Live my Best Life, I came across an article that I found very interesting.  It was regarding questions that could change one's life.  So, I thought I would answer the questions myself as a way of reflection... and I have included the original article in case you are interested in reflecting on the questions yourself.

1.  What questions should I be asking myself?
I'm not sure...

2.  Is this what I want to be doing?
Career wise, it works for now.  But I still want to go back to school to get a graduate degree to become a therapist, with a special emphasis in working with sexual assault victims.


3.  Why worry?
Why not?

4.  Why do I like [cupcakes] more than I like [people]?
Now, with this question, we are able to substitute the words in brackets to what ever words we like; however, I find that the words provided in the brackets are fitting.  I like cupcakes more than people for a few reasons:  1.  They are simply delicious.  2.  They don't talk back.  3.  They comfort and support me regardless of the situation.


5.  How do I want the world to be different because I lived in it?
I would love to make a positive impact in others lives... in what ever way possible.


6.  How do I want to be different because I lived in this world?
I want to be more mindful of the environment so that this world is clean and safe for future generations.

7.  Are [vegans skinny bitches] better people?
I deemed it appropriate to change the words in this statement.  This is something I am trying to change my mindset on, but for so long I have associated beauty (primarily thin) with better.  However, I am starting to realize that me and my cellulite are better than many.

8.  What is my body telling me?
Get into shape or die.

9.  How much junk could a chic chick chuck if a chic chick could chuck junk?
WHAT THE FUCK? nuff said!

10.  What's so funny?
Your face!

11.  Where am I wrong?
Who said I was ever wrong? ;)

12.  What potential memories am I bartering, and is the profit worth the price?
I need to think about this one some more.

13.  Am I the only one struggling not to [fart] during [yoga]?
This is exactly why I don't participate in yoga.

14.  What do I love to practice?
Scrapbooking.  Shopping.  Swimming.

15.  Where could I work less and achieve more?
I could work less if I worked for the government, and I could possibly make more (ie. achieve more).

16.  How can I keep myself absolutely safe?
Walls up, but that wont allow for any joy in my life.  If you don't let people in, you cant experience the joy they can bring your life.

17.  Where should I break the rules?
Where shouldn't you break the rules?  Aren't they made to be broken?

18.  So say I lived in that fabulous house in Tuscany, with untold wealth, a gorgeous adoring mate, and a full staff of servants... then what?
then what what?  that sounds delightful!

19.  Are my thoughts hurting or healing?
many are hurting, attempting to change those thoughts into helping on this current journey.

20.  Really truly:  Is this what I want to be doing?
No, I really don't want to be doing this... but it works for now...


http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/01/26/o.questions.change.your.life/index.html?hpt=T2

No comments:

Post a Comment