Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Such a Pretty Fat

I thought I would write again... it has been a few days and I wanted to keep you all up to speed on my journey.  For the record, I am still in the game! :)

I did mostly meet my goal from my last blog.  The goals were:

1.  This week I will find a gym I like and join it.  
2.  I will do 2 workouts at said gym that I join this week.

I did find a gym I liked and joined it.  
I did 1 actual gym workout instead of 2.  

However, I did some serious workouts around the house that I had been putting off for quite some time... sealing the grout of all the tile in my house.  I know this sounds like a simple task, and it is.  However, it is very time consuming and takes a great deal out of you.  I considered it "activity" as weight watchers defines it, because it is something beyond my normal daily tasks, sweat a great deal, and figured that over 4 hours of sealing grout and cleaning the house counted for something.  

Additionally, Colleen lent me a book titled "Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover if Her Life Makes her Ass Look Big, or Why Pie is Not the Answer" by Jen Lancaster.  When Colleen lent it to me, she told me to make this book a priority.  Some may thing, what does she mean by that?  Well, you see, Colleen lends me many books.  The first, I read, couldn't put down, and returned in a very timely manner.  Since then, she has lent me probably 5+ books.  None of which I have finished.  All of which are still in my possession.  And all of which she would probably like back sooner than later, but let's face it, many are still packed from the move.  So, the least I could do is actually move this newly loaned book to the front of the pile (since the remainder of the pile I can't currently locate) and start reading.  What a better way to spend a day of Jury Duty than with Jen Lancaster.  This book is incredibly funny and motivating at the same time.  She says what all of us are thinking if you have ever been weight conscious or tried to loose weight.  Furthermore, her humor is right up my alley.  She even writes letters to her neighbors from a fake home owner's association she has created to complain about shit.  LOVES IT!!!  

Last night I started to watch a weight loss show called Shedding for the Wedding.  As we all know, I have a bitter taste in my mouth regarding weddings; however, since I went to high school with one of the contestants, I wanted to watch it just to be nosy.   While incredibly extreme (and appearing to be very unhealthy regarding the speed at which such weight loss is being achieved), I was almost motivated to get off the couch and go to the gym after watching it.  LOL.  But I didn't, I headed to bed and continued to read.  

This evening my new gym is offering a class that looks really interesting.  It is called Dance Party Extreme.  I thought that even though I will probably look like "an ass" and "the fat girl", I am going to try it out tonight.  I will keep you all posted... via blog, not youtube video... don't get carried away now!

Alright, that is pretty much where I am at at this point.  


Week 8
Current Weight Loss: 15.4
Goals Reached: 5%

No comments:

Post a Comment