Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Another day

My heart it breaks for another day
Friends say that I deserve better
Can't post what mom wants to say
Dad says put it in your past
But my heart says I miss you

My mind says
You should have never gone back
You should have never let him in
You knew he'd do this to you again
You deserve an established man who can give you what you want
Who can make your dreams a reality

But my heart still says I want you

I want my heart and head to say the same things
I want this pain to end
I want to stop longing for someone who doesn't want me
Who doesn't care about me
Who threw me out with no regard
I want to stop crying myself to sleep

I want to meet a man who wants to love me
Who I can truly love
A man who'll appreciate all the things I do for him
I want a man who won't use me
Who wont take advantage of my generosity
Who won't confuse my kindness for weakness
I want a man who will hold me, protect me, and truly care for me

I want a man who isn't you, so why does this hurt so bad?
You've proven to me you're not this man, so please get out of my heart
You don't belong there anymore
You don't deserve the space you're taking up there so please...
Let me move on. Without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment