Monday, May 6, 2013

still no us

you're back in my life
we act as more than friends
but you remind me we are just that
i'm hopeful for more

we plan a trip for you
to come spend some time with me
i am so excited, i just want answers
where do we stand?

you come to see me
you treat me like i'm yours
you ask me to be yours
i cautiously and nervously accept

we have fun all weekend
like we did in our past
but before you leave, you say "i cant"
"i cant be an us, i cant do it"

like a slap in the face, i am stunned
i thought we wanted the same thing
you say you want me but you cant
but when you want something, don't you make it happen?

yet... i knew it was coming
the last 24 hours things had been off
i tried to bring it up a few times
you acted like you didn't know what i was talking about

more wasted time
when this time is so valuable to me
i don't know when i'll see you again
when we'll be able to spend time like this together again

you finally man up and admit it
you made a mistake, you shouldn't have asked
makes me feel like i'm the mistake
what is so wrong with me that i'm not worth the commitment?

you keep saying you didn't say you don't want me
but then why cant we at least try?
it makes me feel those feelings again
unlovable, undeserving, unwanted, worthless

will a man ever love me?
just me, right here, as i am?
i think i deserve to be loved
i have so much love to give

i'm over men saying, i want you...
just not now
bad timing, wrong place
will there ever be a right time?

you say you want me
but why not make the commitment?
what reason do i have to stay here?
and wait, for what?  what if it isn't ever the right time?

i fear it is just an excuse
this whole thing, about not being ready yet
i don't want to be that dumb girl
who waits just to have her heart broken again

you've destroyed my heart once before
please don't do it again
i don't deserve that, after all of this
after giving you my all

you came to see me, i just wanted answers
you leave as we started, i still lack answers
but don't worry i'm clear, there is no US
there is a you and a me, but no US


--------------------------------------------------------
i guess it was nice being your girlfriend again for 72 hours
foolish of me to think it would last much longer
was probably just the drinks that even made you ask to begin with
hopefully if you say it again, that time you wont j/k me a few days later
because that fucking sucked!

No comments:

Post a Comment