Friday, May 17, 2013

I asked for nothing but your heart

You came back into my life so unexpectedly... You made me open my soul to you and you truly began to open up to me. I slowly began to fall back into love with you, a different kind of love. You came, spent sweet time with my, fooled me into thinking we could be. When you left, you told me we couldn't be. You broke my heart that day but fooled me again saying we'd be the same, you just needed to get things in your life in order. But you left and took away the man I knew. Now I sit here grieving something again that probably never was.

I don't know what I did wrong. I don't know why I'm not worthy of your love. What did I not give? What was I not able to give that you needed?

Why did you fool me again. You should have just said goodbye because its clear you're gone from me. 

You broke my heart again.
I opened my heart to you once more, you promised you'd treat it with care this time... You didn't. You were reckless and threw out my love with no true goodbye.  I asked for nothing, but your heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment