Wednesday, May 22, 2013

letting go

sometimes you are forced to let go
let go of someone you love
when you are disposed of so mercilessly 
you are given no other option
the process of letting go is difficult
especially if you are not the one 
that has made the decision to do so

letting go is not what I wanted
I vowed that this time I'd fight for us
that I would not let you run so easily
as you did the last time you left me behind
but I realize that I can only fight
if you are willing to hold on
you made your choice without me in mind
you have given me no other choice

so today I am forced to let go
I suppose this is what is best for me
you can't give me what I want
you can't give me what I deserve
you can't be the man that I need
you can't be the one for me
you made this choice for us
you disposed of me and my love

so today begins this process
today I let you go completely
today is a new day 
today is a fresh start 
today is a new opportunity
today I choose happiness
today I choose me
today I seek a new best friend
today I seek a new love
today I seek a new man
today I seek what I deserve
today I say goodbye to you



No comments:

Post a Comment