Thursday, March 28, 2013

distance

i feel the distance
not just physical
i feel something more

i ask what's wrong
the reply i get is "what?"
i don't understand

maybe you're over it
i can't be there now
you'd probably prefer i was

i can't uproot my life
without some certainty
that we will last, that you want me

too much to lose
my career, my home
my life i've created for me

maybe i've pushed
i don't mean to
i'm just trying to show i care

this is going to be work
maybe you don't want that
to work as hard as i'm willing 

i can't do this alone
if you don't want this
i hope you'll let me free

you broke my heart once
it hurts again just thinking
that you'll be gone again

i've tried to be here 
in every possible way
every way i know how

i feel like your pushing
i just want in
don't push me away

maybe you've decided
there is no future for us
i just don't know, you push

i can always tell
when something is off with you
but i don't know why now

you are there, i'm here
but there is distance
beyond the obvious

No comments:

Post a Comment