Sunday, March 17, 2013

The darkness...

The darkness... It comes and goes, uncontrollable, unwanted, unwelcome. It's a feeling neither of us can explain, but the pain and misery affects us both.

In the darkness, you begin to let me in.
You inform me that its here, things aren't ok.

In the darkness, you still don't feel safe.
You aren't willing to show me what you see.

In the darkness, you push me away.
You push as your defense mechanism, I'm still here.

In the darkness, you're not alone.
You see, I'm in the darkness too.

In the darkness, we experience the same hurt, sadness.
Your darkness is different than mine, but hurts the same.

In the darkness, you showed me the light.
You gave me a gift no one's ever been able to give.

In the darkness, I'm here by your side.
You just let me know when you want to take my hand.

In the darkness, I'll never let you be alone.
You can count on me to pick up the pieces.

In the darkness, I know you're afraid.
You need to remember, it will pass, will be ok.

In the darkness, you want to call it quits.
You must hold on for all those who love you.

In the darkness, your mind plays tricks on you.
Your mind tries to bring you down, don't listen to what it says.

In the darkness, you'll never be alone again.
You open your heart and please let me in.

The darkness... torture, scary, deep, painful. It's a place I wish we've never been or never have to return. However, it is part of our lives so have faith that with each other, two people who really understand the darkness, we can get thru this together.

I'll be here to lift you up when you are down. I'll be here when you want to be left alone, waiting for when you want me again. I'll be here when your heart realizes it's ok to let me in. I'll be here when your defense mechanism is to keep pushing me away, confident that the day will come when you know that that mechanism is no longer needed with me. I'll be here when you just want to sit in the darkness in silence, holding you tight to protect you from the pain. Most of all, I'll be here forever... Regardless of everything. I'll be here, by your side, as long as you'll allow me to be here. I offer you my heart, my soul, my body, my all. I just want you to accept my offer, because I know the darkness can diminish if we face it together.

All my love,
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment