Friday, March 8, 2013

I'm leaving... I'm waiting...

our eyes meet and lock
a draw I've never felt before
you approach, we talk
numbers exchanged
excited... i hope you call
surprised, you call... we connect
we have a blast
so compatible, inseparable
you tell me...
don't get close, i'm leaving
i say okay
my heart falls hard
you continue to fill my soul with joy
my heart with love
you act like you're mine but tell me...
don't get close, i'm leaving
by the time it comes
i'm head over heals in love
you tell me...
don't get close, i'm leaving
you say goodbye
i say no
you say don't wait for me
i say, i'm waiting
you say don't wait for me, live your life
i say, i'm waiting

you leave

i begin to wait
shit, this sucks
you're gone
we keep in touch
emails exchanges
instant message conversations
three days pass... no contact
sick. feel so sick. he's hurt, he's gone... my love
contact received
breathe, melissa breathe
phone attached like an appendage
drop everything when it rings, you're there
overwhelmed with joy
my love... you're safe
care packages sent
your days a bit brighter
we grow closer, all we have is this
i fall deeper, so much deeper in love
i picture our future when you return,
you say don't, i'm leaving
i want to be your one and only
scared to tell you, scared you'll run
i still wait
shit, this sucks

you return

you're here, but you're not
something's not right
i attribute it to war
i've no idea what its' done to my love
i'm patient, but scared
something's just not right
i pray you'll open up
you shut me down
you tell me...
stop, i'm leaving
i say no, don't leave me
take me with you
i want you forever
you shut me down
you keep pushing me away
you say, i'm leaving
i want to be your wife
you don't understand
you decide destruction
destruction is easier, she'll hate me
it doesn't work
i love you too much
you eventually destroy it all
and you say, i'm leaving
my heart breaks
a loss like none i've ever felt
you come to me, hug and kiss
you say goodbye, i'm destroyed

you leave

we cant stop, i cant stop
i need you like a drug
emails, texts, calls
i cant break free, you have my heart
email received, i don't know who she is
she knows me.  i don't understand
meet me for drinks?  i comply.  
we meet.  she destroys my everything
its all a lie.  NO! not the man i love!
she has proof.  he's been with her
there's more, it's worse!
i'm the other woman
i call, i scream, i yell
i curse, i cry, i'm done
destruction... heartbreak doesn't describe it
worse than any pain i've ever felt
how could you?  why?  
you have no real answers, not that i hear
our love...
all a lie.  
our truth...
all a lie.
i still love you
you're gone
we continue
i can't stop
you tell me to come
move to be with you
you're not serious
i am
destruction again... it's over.  
i'm dead inside.  destroyed

time passes

i try to move on
heart never the same, never healed
drunk to numb the pain
that's when it happens.  life changes forever
i try to shake you
still can't.  how long could this possibly last?  i need you

years pass

you reach out
you apologize, i still love you
i say more hateful things
try to convince myself i don't love you
i'm mean enough
you go away
my heart still aches
i still love you

more time passes

heart never healed
don't think i'll ever stop loving you
i reach out, able to find you
day 1, nothing.  day 2, nothing.  day 3, 4...
email received.  it's you
heart stops.  he's here.  why?
do i tell you?  
my heart's not healed, my heart's still yours
we start again
forgiveness fills my soul
we start as friends, small talk
turns to deeper conversations
a better understanding of what you've done
maybe our love wasn't all a lie, maybe you did love me?
beyond the separation with her,
i learn that the local fling was to break me
if i hated you, you could leave
easy for you, hard for me
you threw the line.  i took the bait
i let you leave, without my fight
i know you aren't that man
just a victim of broken heart that lead to poor choices
we continue to get to know each other again
its there, the connection, the draw
i want to look you in the eyes
tell you, i forgive you
my heart starts to race again
i feel it happening.  i'm scared
i'm mature enough to realize what you did
you kept me at a distance on purpose
all the leaving, all the destruction
you weren't ready to love me the way i needed
i have faith you're there now
even when you doubt yourself
i see a future with you
happiness like before.  before the destruction
we needed the destruction 
to grow.  to appreciate each other.  to have a fighting chance
i know now, you say i'm leaving
it's a defense... keep people at a distance
i wont accept it this time
i'll fight for you, for us
i stand in front of you
filled with forgiveness
i stand here with an open heart
ready to love you again
i stand here ready for love
ready for all of the ups and downs
you can say i'm leaving
but i'm waiting
this time i wait
i fight. i stay
it wont be easy.  we have challenges ahead
but if you are by my side, we can do this
i have the faith in you, in us
we can be great
i know you can give me what i want
you can make me happy and i can you
you can tell me you're leaving
but i'm waiting
i wont give up, my heart is in
i'm ready for the fight
no expectations, you will not fail
just take care of me, you'll prove yourself wrong
let me in
you're not leaving
i wont let you
i'm waiting

this time

you left me
i waited
you left me again
i gave up
this time
i wont let you leave 

i offer you my forgiveness
i offer you my heart
i offer you me, all of me
i only ask that you let me in
give us a fighting chance
please don't say i'm leaving
because i'm here waiting

i'm waiting for you to open your heart to me
i'm waiting for you to let me in
i'm waiting for you to allow me to love you again
i'm waiting for you to love me 
i'm waiting to make you happy
i'm waiting to see if you'll be mine, forever
i'm waiting, in hopes, that you don't try to leave me

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment